There is really nothing better than a Polzeath holiday and I have been going to this wonderful place. I find that it is a great place to spend my summer holidays, especially in one of the most beautiful parts of England. I haven’t been to a better coastal place in England as good as Polzeath and I want to share what makes it so special to me with the following guide.
Where is it?
What to do?
There is really a lot to do in Polzeath and Cornwall in general and here are few things that you can do:
- Go to the beach – Polzeath is home to a wonderful beach with a long stretch of golden sand. It lies between Pentire Head and Highcliff. The beach offers a paradise for surfers (yes, that’s right you can surf there) and beachgoers alike. The cliffs also present a stunning backdrop for this amazing beach. Rock pooling is also a great thing to do when the tide is low.
- We already
- Look out for the wildlife – It is possible to see dolphins, puffins and a huge variety of other coastal birds in many parts of Polzeath.
- See St Enodoc Church – This church lies within the dunes near Daymer Bay. This is an interesting church that has a little bit of a mysterious history and nobody is sure of the reason it is even located here. Fabrics found inside even date back to the 12th century! The church is also famous as the final resting place of the poet John Betjeman.
- Eat and drink – It is always great to combine the fabulous views of the nature and seafront with the many great restaurants and cafes in the area. I don’t think I have found a better place in England to do this.
- Go for a walk – I really enjoy following the coastal path that runs from Polzeath to Daymer Bay. Of course you can always go in the other direction too, it is as simple as getting out there and following the cliffs and finding your own favourite walk. Trust me you won’t regret it.